Commercial Moving Services, our office is located in Arnold Maryland, Servicing all Virginia and Washington D.C. & Vicinity
There can be a lot of associated stress when you’re moving from one home to another. One of these stresses can be the packing process. This is the task that will undoubtedly take the longest. From purging old items to working out a system that will make it easier to unpack on the other side, it’s clear that the packing process can take weeks to complete. So, a question that always inevitably arises is whether you should do your own packing for the move? Or, should you hire an external expert to help take this burden off your already stressed minds? This blog will evaluate the two options to help you decide what option will work best when packing for your move. Commercial Moving Services, your best local movers in Arnold Maryland.
THE PROS OF USING AN EXTERNAL SERVICE
There are many pros to using an external service for your packing needs, so let’s explore them here.
- They’ll pack for you. This might seem obvious, but it’s important to note! Hiring a professional service means all packing is done for you – which means you don’t have to do one of the most demanding tasks involved with moving.
- It’ll be efficient and well done. Professional packers have strategies to pack items with both speed and efficiency.
- They will use quality materials. You don’t need to worry about boxes breaking and damaging precious items in the move. With a professional service comes high-quality materials. From brand new moving boxes to packing paper, bubble wrap, and more – your items will be safe.
- Your items will be insured and protected. The professionals will do everything to ensure that your items are safe – they have tried and tested techniques to enable the transfer of items without breaking anything. And, if they do break? Moving insurance means that personal possessions are protected, and the movers will be liable.
THE CONS OF USING AN EXTERNAL SERVICE
As with anything, there are some downsides to hiring professional movers. These include:
- An increased moving cost
- Potentially damaged items
- Less control over the moving process
However, we suggest that you can be more involved and aware during the packing process if you work with the movers. Plus, if you thoroughly research the moving company, you should find some incredible professional movers!
THE CONS OF PACKING YOURSELF
Of course, you might still be seriously considering packing everything yourself for the move, and that’s alright if it feels better to you. Let’s explore the pros here!
- It costs less. You’ll only need to buy packing supplies when you pack up your items yourself! It’s a much less expensive option to do things this way, so this is the best option if your budget is tight.
- You can pack when is convenient for you. Packing doesn’t have to be last minute! You can sort out your items months in advance if you need to, and this can include any purging of things that may need to happen, too.
- You organize things the way you like them. You know your stuff better than anyone, so if you choose to pack your items by yourself, you can arrange your items in a way that makes sense to you!
THE PROS OF PACKING YOURSELF
When packing yourself, some things might go slower or even wrong, and it’s essential to keep these in mind. These include:
- Spending lots of time on the packing process
- No liability in case of damaged or lost items
- A greater risk of damage to your possessions due to inexperienced packing.
There are pros and cons to both types of packing, and it all depends on how much time you have to devote to the process and your budget. Neither is a good or bad option. It just depends on you and your family. At U Relax Movers, we’d always recommend hiring professionals, since it’s what we love to do and have great experience in doing it! Commercial Moving Services, Residential in Baltimore and Annapolis Maryland. We have good reviews on Google that can show you that we do take care of clients.